For questions or comments regarding the Corporate Social Responsibility Report please contact:
Achievements and Goals
|Install sample preparation laboratory.||Partially Achieved. Pending installation and startup|
|Establish four new monitoring wells.||Deferred|
|Review and update groundwater monitoring program, as required.||Achieved. Hydrology consultants are reviewing overall program and will make recommendations for any additional monitoring required, expected in 2016.|
|Continue to benchmark our management systems against the 2012 IFC Performance Standards.||Partially achieved.|
|Develop and implement detailed biodiversity management plan.||Partially Achieved. Draft plan completed by consultant|
|Continue rehabilitation of the affected areas.||Achieved. Rehabilitation and biodiversity offset planting continued in 2015|
|Evaluate renewable energy systems to improve energy resilience and reduce GHG emissions.||Partially Achieved. Technical feasibility was achieved but task incomplete due to vendor concerns over risk and financing.|
- Complete installation of the sample preparation laboratory Complete detailed hydrological investigations and groundwater modelling.
- Continue to benchmark our management systems against the 2012 IFC Performance Standards.
- Finalise plan and start implementing.
- Focus for 2016 is to trial a range of rehabilitation methods with the goals of improving efficiency of planting methods as well as improve diversity of species planted. Incorporate Biodiversity Management Plan into the overall site Rehabilitation Plan.
- Evaluate renewable energy systems to improve energy resilience and reduce GHG emissions.
- Complete water detox treatment plant